Saturday, May 5, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Corn Muffins

So, knitting is not my only passion. I love to cook and try new recipes and create my own recipes as well. Thursday I was having a pretty rotten day so I decided I needed some comfort food. I couldn't think of anything I wanted other than some muffins and I was thinking muffins with chocolate chips. I had 3 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin/Bread Mix and decided that I would do something with one of them to satisfy my need for muffins and my want for chocolate to be one of the ingredients in said muffins. They turned out so yummy I wanted to share them with you. 

Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Corn Muffins
2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk plus 2 tbsp
3 tbsp local pure honey
1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup chocolate chips plus some extra for topping off batter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners. Spray cupcake liners with non-stick spray. (This actually helps remove the liners without taking the muffin off with the paper.) 

Blend all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Batter will be lumpy but do not over-stir. Let batter stand for about 4 minutes, then restir before adding the chocolate chips.

There are a couple of ways you can do the chocolate chips. Don't do the way I did for my first batch. My chips sank to the bottom and stayed there during cooking time. Some friends suggestion using either mini chips, adding them to the muffin cups after putting the batter in the cups, or dusting the chocolate chips with flour prior to folding them into the batter. Pick whichever method suits you. In the future I will use mini chips. 

Place in preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Check with a toothpick or knife, muffins are ready when they come out clean. Allow to cool until cooled off enough to handle. Serve slightly warm with a pat of margarine. 

My husband, who dislikes cornmeal and anything made with cornmeal has eaten 3 or 4 of these since I made them and he likes them alot! 


Enjoy! 

No comments :